12/05/2006

Sandy's

December 1, 2006 Cuisine: American (traditional), Diner 231 S 24th St Philadelphia, PA 19103 Phone: 215- 732-8335 Website: none --
Entree I: Egg Sandwich with Cheese ($3.35)
Entree II: Egg Platter - Two eggs over easy, home fries, bacon, whole wheat toast with jam and butter ($7.95)
--
After months of talking about going out for a meal, my friend Wes and I finally had lunch at his favorite eatery. Sandy's is conveniently located across the street from Wes' house--he's been frequenting this joint for years and the staff know him by name AND order. Very impressive. Sandy's is more or less a greasy spoon, a charming greasy spoon, but a greasy spoon nevertheless. They serve hoagies, grinders, cheesesteaks, fried chicken, regular sandwiches and even some seafood and Greek specialties. Sandy's also serves breakfast all day long, which Wes and I took advantage of on our visit. I had the egg and cheese sandwich, while Wes had his usual. My sandwich was made on whole wheat bread with Swiss cheese. The sandwich was pretty straight forward; it tasted like the sum of all it's individual parts. It was good, but I've made the same sandwich on a number of occasions at home. Perhaps next time I will have a Gyro since I can't make that at home. I didn't taste any of Wes' egg platter, but I'm pretty sure I knew what it tasted like--the sum of all it's individual parts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home